||• Strong education background. Studied at universities with excellent reputation. Graduated as a civil engineer from the Aristotle University- Greece in 1987; MSc and PhD in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology from Imperial College London in 1992 and 1995, respectively.
• Extensive academic and professional experience. Associate Professor of Structural Engineering: Teaches core courses in the Civil Engineering Program including Construction Engineering, Project Management, Structural analysis, Matrix structural analysis, Structural Materials, Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, R/C, Dynamics of Structures and Earthquake Engineering, and supervising students’ graduation projects and coop training programs.
• Research topics of interest include Engineering Education, Teaching & Learning Methodologies, Quality Assurance in Higher Education, Construction Engineering & Management, Historical Seismicity, Earthquake Hazard, Structures behaviour and Vulnerability under Seismic Loads.
• Contributes effectively to the development of the academic programs, and provide instructional and institutional support bringing up the considerable past experiences.
• A very concrete experience relevant to higher education management, quality assurance & academic accreditation.
• Professional experience. Ten years of professional experience in executive management positions in the development field managing a multiple portfolio of internationally funded education and construction projects, with a wide range of stakeholders, and participation in high-level local and international meetings.
• Private Sector experience in coordinating and delivering engineering and social development consulting services, capacity building and staff development. Supplying training solutions, education & engineering technologies, specialized furniture and equipment for educational establishments.
• Expert knowledge and command of planning, scheduling, budgeting, procurement and contracts administration.